Monday 22 July 2013

Review: Rimmel APOCALIPS


Hey guys, I'm sure most of you have heard of the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers before! These are not brand new products as they have been in the UK for a while now, but they have been recently launched in the US. This product has confused us because both of us have had a very different experience with them.

Avneesh's review:
I was very excited when I bought these and the first colour I had was galaxy, which is a dark pink with slight shimmer, it has a purple tint in it too, perfect for autumn.The second colour I got was celestial which Karen has too. It is a soft pink colour. However I will talk about the reason why I dislike these. When I wear them after a while I get a line on the inside of my lips, I have tried so many things like wiping it from the inside etc but every time I wear these the line appears, and it is not attractive at all. On me these last for about 3 hours maximum.
Celestial
Galaxy
This is the colour celestial on the left I wore and this line started forming after about half an hour of when i applied it.
On the right is galaxy which is freshly applied and is shiny and fresh looking.


The pigmentation is good but they have a weird smell, also the colours are lovely and everyone can find a colour for them, but I fear wearing these unless I will be able to look at my mirror every half an hour and be able to wipe the line off and reapply them. I like lip products which I know will last on me and would not look funny after a while, so I would not buy more of these.

Karen's review:
When these first launched in the UK, a lot of bloggers and YouTubers talked about them, which interests me hugely. The first shade I purchase was Celestial, which I believe it's quite a popular colour. I would say this is a very wearable shade and it will brighten up your face. Moreover, I think this would suit a lot different skin tones.
Celestial
The second shade is called Luna, which is a 'nude-orangy' colour. However, I have to say, when I swatched this on my hand in my local drugstore, my first impression was 'OMG this is so orange'.Despite of that, when this was applied on my lips, I immediately fell in love with it. This is because the nudeness doesn't wash your face out and I think that this shade is great with a natural look. If you are looking for a nice nude shade which won't make you look dead, I really recommend Luna for you.
Luna
Although Avneesh is not a fan of the Apocalips, I really like their formulation and the consistency.I love the facts that they are very pigmented, not sticky at all and the matte finish it gives.
Nevertheless, there are two things I don't like: 1. The applicator, as it can pick up too much pigment which may ruin the application of the lip lacquer. Therefore, I advise you to be careful and try not to put too much on your lips when applying. 2. The smell, though it is not strong, I sometimes find the smell very annoying.
They are only £5.99 in the UK, which I think can justify the two disadvantages. There are more shades for you to choose in the drugstore, so definitely have a look. 

Let us know how you find them if you have tried them. :)




Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML